NBC chief to Trump: We won’t be intimidated | WNCN
NEW YORK (AP) — The chief of NBC News has a message for President Donald Trump: We’re not going to be intimidated.
NBC News Chairman Andrew Lack said on Tuesday that the president’s attacks on some media outlets won’t deter his organization from doing its job. NBC News was one of the organizations specifically cited by Trump last month in his tweet about the “fake news” media that is the “enemy of the American people.”
“We’re not the opposition party and we’re not in a popularity contest with this administration or any other administration,” said Lack, who supervises NBC’s broadcast news and digital properties, including MSNBC.He called the president’s attacks a distraction.
Trump hasn’t specifically gone after any NBC News stories since he’s been president. But in his “enemy of the American people” tweet, he mentioned the network along with ABC, CBS, CNN and The New York Times.
“This president has us focused every day more on temperament than we expected,” Lack said. The executive, who gives interviews infrequently, spoke Tuesday at a conference held by the IESE Business School.
NBC News is trying to absorb the results of an election that the network, like many other news organizations, got wrong, he said. The network “relied too much on polls” and is evaluating how to use them in the future, he said.
Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Click to email (Opens in new window)MoreClick to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share <a href=" on Google+ (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)